“Hit It, Alice!” – A Woman’s Golf Guide

Barb Hanson

 

“Hit It, Alice! A Woman’s Golf Guide to Everything But the Swing” is a book by Barb Hanson now available in two e-formats. You can find it on Amazon for the Kindle Reader as well as the Kindle application on your IPad and smartphones.

The most recent e-book is now available in the  iBooks store. This version of “Alice” is loaded with photos, colorful graphics and educational videos.  It is a must-read for anyone who wants to learn more about the game of golf.

This book is a self-help guide for women who want to play golf with more confidence. It’s an educational tool designed to shortcut the process of learning about the game, its rules and etiquette, as well as its customs and terminology.

For women who already play golf, the rules chapter is a comprehensive, yet understandable overview of the rules and serves as a great reference tool. Don’t miss the chapter on the mental game. It’s said that 90% of the game is mental and the other 10% is mental.

For women who are new to the game, a section is devoted to the basics of the game followed by a detailed plan for getting started and continuing in the game.

For business women who should be playing golf with customers, clients or prospects, the book details how to turn a round of golf into a long-term business relationship.

A couple of excerpts from “Hit It, Alice!”

From the chapter on The Mental Game:

The word “tournament” often has a powerful negative effect on golfers. Competing in a tournament may turn an otherwise positive attitude into negative anticipation complete with churning stomach, restlessness, racing heart, and sweaty palms. What do you fear? Failure? Embarrassment? Rejection?

Golf is unique in that the game is completely in your own hands. The bottom line (good or bad) is the result of your own planning, practice, and preparation. Entering into competition gives you a chance to test yourself against your peers. And you shouldn’t be afraid of it. You should look forward to competition as a chance to grow, change and improve. You can learn from your opponents, from playing new golf courses, and from situations that arise in the course of play. You can learn more about yourself as a competitor – your strengths, your weaknesses, your strategies, your goals.

From the chapter on Etiquette:

The green is where golf etiquette really kicks in and where a lot of time can be saved when golfers are confident of proper procedures.

 On the green, players converge upon a relatively small area and take turns putting in. Throw in the added confusion of removing and replacing the flagstick and you have a fairly complex situation that doesn’t come with one easy procedure. Your comfort level on the green will grow with experience.

 As you arrive at the green, you will determine where to leave your bag or cart (on the side nearest the next hole), you’ll look for and repair your ball mark, you will mark your ball if it’s in someone’s way, and/or you’ll be preparing to putt if you’re farthest away from the hole. So many things to think about! These things won’t always happen in the same order. You’ll have to use common sense to be most time-efficient.

“Hit It, Alice!” is a great reference book for you or any woman on who loves golf.

Order your copy of “Hit It, Alice!” by clicking HERE or opening  your iBooks application.

To subscribe to “Golf-Her’s News,” send an email to barb@corporategolfservices.com.